VR: Virtual Realities

In a world of his own
Creative Commons License Simon Blackley via Compfight

VR is the future of gaming and I believe it will soon take video game consoles out of business if they cant adapt to a changing market.

In the 1980’s, arcades got put out of business by consoles and everyone moved over to consoles.  but when VR was released to the open market it took the gaming world by storm \.Play station<<< adapted and released PlayStation VR,  Xbox is working on VR, same with lovely old Nintendo. VR is still in its early stages but still it has forced the Gaming market to change so much  but  imagine the technological capabilities in the next 5 years of VR will be insanely good. You remember how I mentioned arcades earlier?  There are now VR arcades popping up around all over the place which I think is really cool!

I mentioned earlier that VR was just starting  well, after digging deeper I found out its actually a thing of the past! In 1993 A console called the Virtual boy was released as a table top mounted VR headset that came with a plug in controller and some 8 bit games. I was able to get a picture of it.

Virtual-Boy-Set.jpg

it has a higher price than any other classic console priced at $228.99 used. but Nintendo isn’t making them anymore because, well, their classic consoles. So we have seen VR before but it was just a failed experiment and now it  finally coming full circle. An old console remembered by no one is finally coming full circle. by coming back I mean Oculus VR is searching thru the old parts of the virtual boy and trying to see would it have worked. And they are still working on it so we don’t have any new information on it yet.

Well, that’s the end of this post. If you have heard of the  Virtual boy before or went to one of those VR arcades, leave a comment and I will reply as soon as I can.

Sincerly Gavin

2 thoughts on “VR: Virtual Realities

1. Sarah

Hey Gavin! It’s Sarah. I love Virtual Reality! I’ve never tried it, even though I’d really like to, I’ve seen a lot of vines of people falling out of their chairs when in horror virtual realities. 😀 Since I love Mario Kart, (and I swear I’m the best 12 year old in the Comox Valley at it!) I really think they should make a remote that you use to play Mario Kart while in the virtual reality. You wouldn’t be able to see the remote, but I’d be so fun to actually feel like you are in the car! Anyway, I love the post. Have a great day!
    ~Sarah

Reply
  2. Trey

Hey Gavin. I see you like Virtual Reality. I don’t own any virtual reality but I have been to the new VR place downtown. It’s really cool and fun. Sometimes I go with my brother. Do you own a vr? What’s your favourite game if you do?

Reply