All About Me

Hi, my name is Gavin. I live in the Comox Valley and I am thirteen years old. I am currently in grade 7 at Brooklyn Elementary. It is a good school and I got one of the most fun teachers in the school.

Here are some of my hobbies. I am a good fencer (it’s like poking each other with sharp sticks). I usually compete in local championships and bouts. But my favorite type of fencing is epee although foil is good too.

Another one of my hobbies is downhill skiing because it is a fun, fast sport. I am not good at park skiing but I am fairly good at downhill.

My favorite movies are Austin Powers and the Breakfast Club.

Thanks for visiting my blog. If we have anything in common, let me know.

–Gavin

11 thoughts on “All About Me

1. Sarah

Hi Gavin! ‘Tis Sarah. Yes, I said ’tis.
    You said to comment if anyone has something in common with you, and I love to downhill ski too! I’ve been skiing since I was seven or eight, so cool cheese. I want to try snowboarding soon, hopefully this winter.
    Also, I’ve seen people fencing in movies (which I know is totally unrealistic) and at the local sports centre where I used to live. It looks really fun.
    ~Sarah

Reply
    1. Gavin Post author

Hi Sarah,
      you like down hill skiing too whats your favorite tun on the mountain and whats your favorite chair lift. the fencing in movies are completely over the top when we fence we just stand still staring at each other. bye Sarah I will be checking out your blog by.
      -Gavin

Reply
  2. Olivia

Hey Gavin,
    That’s really cool that your fence! I honestly don’t know many people that do that sport. What’s the difference between epee fencing and foil fencing? Happy blogging!
    Olivia

Reply
    1. Gavin Post author

Hi Olivia,
      there is only 7 people who go to my fencing place but its still pretty full. the difference between foil and epee is the target zone with foil you aim for the chest but with epee its whole body but I think its the way its the style of play.
      I will be checking out and commenting on your blog soon bye.
      -Gavin

Reply
  3. James

Hi Gavin,
    I don’t really ski that much but when I do I fall flat on my face. What is epee and foil? Fencing seems like a really sport. Have a great day!
    -James

Reply
    1. Gavin Post author

Hi James,
      so your not the best at skiing but you will get there. The difference between foil and Epee is just the rules and the target zone. have a great day of blogging good bye.
      sincerely Gavin

Reply
  4. Nathan

Hello Gavin
    I never new you fenced, my brother used to be a fencer.
    I like snowboard instead of ski, I just grew up learning how to snowboard and went down steep hills on a snowboard.
    My favorite movies are the fast the furious movies and marvel movies.
    Have a great day.
    Sincerely, Nathan

Reply
  5. Quinn

Hi Gavin
    I never knew that you liked to fence and downhill Ski.
    This winter will be my 3rd year skiing. What is your favorite run if you know?
    I have never seen Austin Powers or the Breakfast Club.
    -Quinn

Reply
  6. Connor

Hi Gavin
    I don’t ski but i snowboard. I have tried ski once and it went really bad. I have seen all the Austin powers and they are really funny. I have never seen the breakfast club though. Have you seen all the Austin powers?
    have a great day
    Sincerely Connor

Reply
  7. Abbey

Hello, Gavin
    I also really like really our teachers. I like both of them the same, Do you? I’m sure you are very good at poking people with sharp sticks. What is fencing like? Sounds hurtful…. What does foil have to do with fencing? I really like skiing, but my family does not like it so much, so I rarely ever get to go. I also have seen the breakfast club before, it is not that bad of a movie. Goodbye and have a nice day!
    Sincerely, Abbey

Reply
    1. Gavin Post author

Hi Abbey,
      I like both of our teachers. fencing is really fun but when you get poked it only hurts for a second and then its back to normal. oh foil is a type of fencing that is a lot more civil you both have a right of way one guy attacks you block and then you get to attack. so you like skiing too well that makes to of us. you watched the breakfast club and said it wasn’t bad i’m sorry but what are you talking about the breakfast club was the best movie to ever come out of the 80’s (in my opinion) please watch it again. Well good bye.
      Sincerely Gavin

Reply